Friday, July 29, 2011

i will miss these woods

Now, before I get all sentimental on my last night at the Andrews I need to tell you about what I had for dinner last night. Fish fajitas. Not just any fish...sockeye salmon. Delicious. Best idea I've ever had. Ever.
Homemade whole wheat tortillas, sockeye, peppers, onions, avocado, pesto, goat cheese. BOOM, you gotta try this

...and it was Erik's 21st birthday!!
...and we had another teeth-brushing party...

Today, I went out into the field to take down some flagging I had put up a few weeks ago while I was bush beating. It was so nice to get out of the apartment/computer lab where I've been cooped up for the past weeks working on stats and my project.
Wow. Lucky me to work in such a beautiful place! This is a spectacular view of the sisters from the 350 road.
Tomorrow, I am picking my mother up in Eugene, and we are starting the drive to Colorado. While I am beyond excited to see her, the rest of my family, and my friends, I am also quite sad to leave this beautiful place and the wonderful people I've met here. Endings are always bittersweet, aren't they?
Oh! I forgot to share that I had a video conference call on Wednesday with Mark and a bunch of important people at OSU who were interested in the results of my project. The group asked me a bunch of questions, and I answered them to the very best of my ability. I also got a lot of great feedback about what they were most interested in, which will help me decide which of the 25 graphs I made I should include in my final report. It was definitely intimidating to talk to the higher ups, but it was also nice to know that I had done them a service by doing this work, and it feels good to know that they will take my recommendations and ideas into consideration.
At this point, I'm just finishing editing my final report. Then I have to add the graphs, and formatting that should be a total nightmare...eeek! I probably should be done with the whole shebang by now, but I'm not. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment