Thursday, July 7, 2011

rockabye baby, from the treetop

A bunch of us (bird crew, Ari, Vera, and I) went over to Rob's (tree climber) house. He lives in Blue River in the old gas station. We had a nice BBQ--Ari and I made bison burgers and cookies...
There were rumors that we might get the chance to climb and sleep in the trees in Rob's backyard. So, of course, we brought along all of our gear just in case.
GOOD THING!!
Getting ready for the climb! 10 people slept in one tree!!
Climbing up the tree! Eyes closed because camera flash hurt!

Ari and I had to share a tree boat, and this wasn't the most comfortable of situations, but it was totally worth the pain of strained hips/knees and dead legs to sleep up in the canopy.

Apparently, I emit my nervous energy by laughing/giggling, so the whole time I was getting set up in the tree, I couldn't stop giggling to myself. Just FYI, you are strapped in the entire night!

The stars were marvelous, and somewhere along the way, I drifted off. I woke up with the birds when the sun began to rise. So beautiful!

I woke up in the tree (thank goodness), but my pillow fell out of the boat in the night!
Vera and April also shared a boat. They were all smiles in the morning...until we all had to pee. (You can pee in the tree into a Nalgene if necessary)
Rob handing out coffee--that's a good view of the boats.
Rob, tree climber extraordinaire
Ari

The descent. Surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment